The 8th Annual iBIO
iCON Awards Dinner
Monday, September 29, 2014
Radisson Blu, Chicago, IL
The iBIO iCON Awards recognize the vital roles that education, research, and civic leadership play in fostering growth within the life sciences community. Each year, the iBIO Institute hosts the iCON Awards Dinner to celebrate breakthrough achievements of teachers, researchers, and civic leaders whose hard work and dedication inspire us all.
Funds raised at the iCON Awards ceremony further the mission of the iBIO Institute, whose nationally-recognized EDUCATE™ and PROPEL® Centers deliver world-class educational programs and job-creating new technology ventures.
Registration is now open! Reserve your tickets here.
2014 iBIO iCON Award Winners
iCON Knowledge Builder Award
Biology Teacher and Gifted Education Specialist
Lincoln Hall Middle School
iCON Innovator Award
Richard B. Silverman
John Evans Professor of Chemistry
Civic iCON Award
President and CEO
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
The iBIO Institute would like to thank our gracious sponsors and Event Committee for their support in helping us make the 2014 iBIO iCON Awards possible.
- Illinois Science + Technology Park
- iBIO Institute PROPEL Center
- McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP
- Marathon Pharmaceuticals
- University of Illinois
2014 iBIO iCON Event Committee:
- David Baker, University Technology Park at IIT
- David Donabedian, AbbVie, Inc.
- Andy Hull, Takeda
- Alicia Löffler, Northwestern University
- Jeff Malehorn, World Business Chicago
- Ethan Meers, Kinship Capital
- Adam Pollet, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Warren Ribley, Illinois Medical District Commission
- Norbert Riedel, Naurex, Inc.
- Michael Rosen, Forest City Science + Technology Group (Illinois Science + Technology Park)
- Lawrence Schook, University of Illinois
- Alan Thomas, Center for Technology Development & Ventures at The University of Chicago
- Cristal Thomas, Deputy Governor of the State of Illinois
- Timothy Walbert, Horizon Pharma
Event Committee Chair: Linda Friedman, Astellas US LLC
iBIO Institute offers several sponsorship opportunities for individuals and organizations who want to support the iBIO iCON Awards Dinner.